Call for applications: artistic public commission "Homage to George Sand"
As part of its ongoing policy of producing contemporary artworks and major hangings, the Cité internationale de la tapisserie in Aubusson has come up with a long-format tapestry project entitled 'Homage to George Sand'. This project is an artistic public commission in partnership with the French Ministry of Culture, the Departmental Council of Indre and the Centre des monuments nationaux, to mark the commemoration of the 150th anniversary of George's death which will occur in 2026.
In this context, the Cité internationale de la tapisserie is launching a call for applications to select 5 candidates with a view to carrying out a study for the design and production of a long-format tapestry that will be woven only once.
The application deadline is September 10, 2021 (corrigendum No. 1) using the following platform : https://cite-tapisserie.e-marchespublics.com/
A documentary file on George Sand prepared by the CELIS (University of Clermont-Auvergne) is available after logging on to the platform.
An explanatory note outlining the challenge of this artistic public commission is also available in English and French on the platform.
The selection of the 5 artists invited to compete will take place upon reception of the applications.
The submission of the studies by the five selected artists is set for December 17, 2021. The ranking of these five artists will be established as a result. In the study phase, the remuneration for each artist will be €7,000.
At the end of this phase of study and after the approval of the National Council of Works of Art in the Public Space in the Field of Plastic Arts, as well as the confirmation by the contracting authority, the implementation phase will be initiated. This will result in a remuneration for the winning artist (and his/her team) of €100,000, excluding production costs of the artwork.
NB : How to download the administrative documents and the documentary file
- Click on the link: https://cite-tapisserie.e-marchespublics.com/
- Click on the "tout afficher" button
- Click on "Commande publique artistique d’une tapisserie long format « Hommage à George Sand »".
- To download the documents, including the documentary file on George Sand, candidates must create a professional account (name, address, contact details, company activity, SIRET login and password). This registration allows candidates to ask questions, receive answers and be notified of contract modifications and finally to submit their application.
- Candidates can edit their already submitted application until the deadline for submission, i.e. on September 10, 2021, at 5:00 pm. We urge applicants not to wait until the last moment to register and submit their application. Technical support for the platform is available by phone at +33(0)1 72 36 55 48 or via the chat box.
Pieta for World War 1, Tapestry for the Centenary
Les savoir-faire d'Aubusson
Teinture sur mesure
Un manteau pour la collection "Aubusson tisse la mode"
Stages et pratiques amateurs
L’école de la tapisserie au point
L'exposition internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels modernes de 1925
La réhabilitation de l'ENAD d'Aubusson
Le chantier en réhabilitation de l’École Nationale d’Art Décoratif
Visites et ateliers thématiques
Projet pédagogique "Construire la Cité"